Using cloud computing simply means switching from local servers to online servers. For small business owners this small transition can open the door to a whole new world of efficiency, ease and expansion. Instead of owning, and being responsible for hardware and software, systems are managed by service providers and available on a pay-as-you-go basis to be accessed as and when required. This approach sounds simple but cloud computing has been a revolutionary shift, not least because of the many varied ways in which it can enhance any small business.
- Improved data protection – When it comes to data, its loss or theft can be disastrous for a small business. However, using cloud computing means that data is stored off site so if there is an issue, such as a fire or flood, it will still be protected. Comprehensive backups ensure that disaster recovery is simple to manage and automation of the backup process means that it’s never interrupted by human error or forgetfulness.
- A security upgrade – Data security can also be compromised by attack, which is why it’s vital to have systems in place that will provide protection to the fullest extent possible. These can be costly and time consuming to set up and manage in-house and most organisations simply won’t have access to the latest options. Cloud computing ensures that you get a security upgrade with access to the systems and tools that are used by the most advanced businesses. Updates are taken care of by the cloud service provider and you have support and backup should a security threat arise.
- Increased flexibility – Agility and flexibility will give your business options no matter what happens in your market, or in the wider world. This can be easily achieved with cloud computing, which will enable you to accommodate everything, from the need for extra bandwidth to increased software demands. With cloud computing any business can be responsive and flexible and only pay for the resources actually required – there is no need to cover the cost of expensive servers etc as you pay only for what you use.
- Greater collaboration and productivity – The value of being able to operate remotely has been obvious in the past couple of years, as the pandemic has made office working impossible. Cloud computing effortlessly facilitates collaboration for your teams wherever in the world they are – all that is required is an internet connection. Greater collaboration boosts productivity and makes it easier for your business to thrive.
- A simple way to streamline costs – Opting for cloud computing has many benefits financially for small businesses, as there are cost savings across the business. For example, you won’t need to pay for the cost of an IT team and you’ll be able to save money on everything, from app consolidation to hardware and software packages.
Whether you’re looking to stimulate growth in your business in 2022, or simply improve efficiency and productivity, there are many ways in which cloud computing can enhance what you’re able to achieve.