What to consider when choosing an IT support company
A trusted IT support company can save your business time and money. From quickly solving issues that arise to helping you create an effective ongoing IT strategy, the right partner will make all the difference. When it comes to picking your trusted IT support company, this is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make – and these are some of the factors that you need to bear in mind.
- How quick are the response times? – Find out how long it will take your IT support company to provide help if something goes wrong. They should be able to give you average support times for a range of different problems. A business can be crippled by an IT outage that isn’t swiftly dealt with, so this is a vital piece of information to have.
- What qualifications, certifications, and accreditations does the team have? – This will give you a clear picture of the service that this company can provide, as well as where areas of expertise lie. If you’re looking for something specific as part of the service from your trusted IT support company, then ask for evidence of that certification – or that they are approved for the systems you use.
- Reviews and case studies – Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find out whether this really could be a trusted IT support company or whether there are elements of the service that could let you down. Look for reviews of the business on public review sites and browse the testimonials that should be on the business website. Many IT support companies will also provide case studies to illustrate how and where they have made a difference to clients, and these can be useful to get a sense of approach and experience. If there are no testimonials, ask for references from former clients – a trusted IT support company should be happy to provide these.
- Is security a priority? – The right IT support company will prioritise security in their dealings with clients but also provide a new perspective on client security and allow you to significantly upgrade your protection. For example, the right partner will implement measures such as two-step verification and network monitoring for your business, as well as an upgrade in how your teams currently deal with passwords. Access restrictions should be implemented, too so that only certain people have access to certain data and systems.
- Do you like them? – This is often dismissed as a factor, but it’s important to feel like you want to work with the team that could become your trusted IT support company. Do they communicate well, receive suggestions positively and explain things in ways your team can understand? Is it easy to get the support you need, or are they rude and reticent?
When finding your ideal trusted IT support company, taking a considered approach, which includes these key factors, can make all the difference. SADS IT has a team of friendly and professional IT support experts who are always happy to assist you and your business – contact us today, and we’ll be in touch!