IT Support Vacancy
Vacancies: 1st Line Support Technician in Maidstone
1st Line Support Technician – Maidstone
We seek a new 1st Line Support Technician due to expansion. You will be responsible for supporting customers by online web/email support, direct telephone support and onsite visits as required.
As a small company of 15 staff, we offer a relaxed atmosphere with a great team bond, like a family. We recently moved to larger open plan offices to accommodate our expansion plans.
We work up to the latest Server technology, Modern firewalls and protection systems.
Regarding professional development, we provided training material and time to study when you are added to the training schedule. We prefer to promote from within and expect all 2nd and 3rd Line engineers to work towards an appropriate Microsoft Certification.
Working hours for the 1st Line Support Technician will be on a rotational shift basis ranging from 05:00 – 13:30, 08:30 – 17:00 and 09:00 – 17:30. Hybrid working is currently available with some shifts set as a work from home shift and specific days working from home creating an equivalent of 2 days per week work from home, although the office is always open to staff everyday if working from home is not desired. Candidates must be willing to use their own transport daily for work (Mileage Allowance paid – 35ppm). A permit is provided for staff to park in nearby long stay car parks Mon – Fri.
Responsibilities of the 1st Line Support Technician
- Provide 1st Line Service Desk support for incidents (problem/issues) or service requests related to hardware, software, network connectivity
- Administration of group server and network infrastructure
- Fault-finding skills are important especially at network, printer and computer level
- Maintenance of all technical and user documentation ensuring it is always up-to-date and accurate
- Management and control of backups and secure storage
- Assist with hardware and software purchases including licensing and ISO standards
- Assist with Active Directory and Exchange mailbox creation
- VOIP and mobile phone support
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7, XP
- Experience in Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 and ideally Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of web applications, networks, protocols and email (SMTP, POP3, Exchange)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange management on 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and experience with DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Firewalls and Switches, Routers
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Troubleshooting printers and copiers
- Experience dealing with technical end-users in a support role
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to work within a team and as an individual
- Good technical and diagnosis aptitude is essential
- Good understanding of all handheld peripherals, e.g. iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.
- MAC OSX OS desirable
Salary – Up to £24k (Depending on experience and qualifications) + Benefits